CostOS BIM Module
CostOS is “BIM enabled” out of the box. BIM technology is at the core of CostOS and is integrated and apart of its standard functionality. No links or imports are necessary.
Measure quantities directly from a BIM in an uncomplicated and visual way. The easy to navigate models allow you to auto-select elements and associate them with relevant database items. Or you can create new ones. Simply click the go button and produce a detailed, measured and priced Bill, directly from the model. BIM it makes it possible to go from BIM to BILL to BID in a few simple steps.
How Does CostOS BIM Work?
CostOS stores the relationship between model classes and cost database items. In addition, since open industry standard IFC files are used, CostOS BIM technology can be used.
It has a robust parametric engine. If you combine it with BIM, this allows for fast and precise pricing of ‘less than fully-detailed’ BIM models. Moreover, it enables design optimization plus faster identification of the most appropriate materials and construction processes. Intelligent, parameter-driven assemblies can be built and applied to BIM elements.
With CostOS BIM technology, it really is a case of ‘what you see is what you estimate’. As model elements are selected and measured, CostOS ensures that no item is missed.
CostOS BIM Features:
- BIM technology
- Go from BIM to BILL to BID in a few easy steps
- CostOS’ powerful parametric engine
- Saves the relationship data between model classes and cost database items
- Enables the measurement of quantities, directly from a BIM
- True collaboration among team members
- Enables quick and accurate pricing of ‘less than fully-detailed’ BIM models.
- Design optimization
- Quick identification of required materials and construction methods
- Build intelligent, parameter-driven assemblies